The Africa Ubuntu Association (AUA) is a registered not-for-profit art community organization located on Unceded Syilx Territory. Our mission is to serve the greater Okanagan area by fostering a community for Africans, those of African Descent and anyone interested in all things Africa. We are governed by the African philosophy of Ubuntu "I am because you are". This philosophy, in our understanding, favours a community in which the members can each be given space to shine their own light. We believe that this does not diminish another light. Contrary to that, one's shine allows another to understand their own shine. Together each one illuminated creates a constellation rather than one star surrounded by dead lights.
1. To foster a sense of community through art.
2. To connect Africans living and studying in the diaspora.
3. To promote intercultural exchange.
4. To promote artistic, educational, social, recreational, charitable, athletic and other activities representing the interests of the members in the association.
5. To value and document our present lived experiences, acknowledging it as future history of 'Africans' in the World.
Create a greater sense of community support and inclusivity by creating public spaces that can foster community needs.